Re: Next endurance prospects

<<I realize breeders have to pay for stud fees, vet care, horse feed,
training time, etc., adn must recoup that in the young stock they sell.

but, some of us aren't cheapskates, we just haven't won Powerball yet!

chris paus & star>>

I am one of those breeders who finally had to give it up after a little
more than twenty years, and all I wanted was to break even!  I found the
'show people' wanted brand names, and the distance rider went to the stock
yards.  Really miss those babies too.
For all you bargain hunters - I have an 8 yr. old gelding that someone
might enjoy  polishing into a diamond.  All he needs is time and patience
and a smart rider.  All I want is enough to cover his ninety days training
bill. (Dressage, jumping and trail riding). He's a non-registered
pure-bred, by a well known Arab racehorse out of a full sister to a stakes
winning mare.  Her sire is a Region 14 & 13 CTR Champion and won numerous
CTRs as well and has sired some nice runners, both on the track and on the
trail.  He's a little over 15 H, maybe 15.1.  Why selling?  I prefer CTRs
and I think he'd do much better in endurance.  To be truthfull I just don't
feel comfortable on him.  Maybe I'm just too darn old.  Location KY

If interested, e-mail   JANUSTUDIO.compuServe.com