Stone bruises & hoof hardeners

From: Barb Peck
Email: bpeck@us.ibm.com

  I know there's been alot of discussion on whether to pad or not and
which pads are the best over stoney
ground.  But has anyone used any of the commercial hoof hardeners that are
on the market today.  One in particular
has caught my attention, mainly due to
fact that it cross-links (changes the molecular bond) upon application.
  I've ordered some Keratex, which I plan on using on one of my horses soles during the next riding season.
  This is a patented product and widely used in England, where it's pretty damp
alot of the time.
  Has anyone used this product? Especially to harden the sole and if
so, please Email me (or post to the list if this is an appropriate topic).
Thanks,
Barb