Re: Yosemite--Old Age, Alas! The Cavalry to the Rescue!

Hi -

A group of us mounted a letter writing campaign to the local park office
and state officials. Only 7 letters went out from horse people, but it got
their attention. I got a letter today from the Kansas parks & wildlife
dept. inviting me to a meeting at our local state park to discuss the issue
with state and local officials. They have invited all the letter writers to
a working sessino to hammer out an agreement.

It doesn't take many, they just have to think those 7 riders are backed by
700!

Alas, it will be 6 riders at the meeting -- I am a newspaper reporter (wish
I could cover this) and have to attend a meeting to do with one of my
beats. Damn the luck. I will make sure the local ranger knows my position.

chris paus & star