linaments and multi-day rides

Hi,

I've been wondering whether it is okay to use linamints after each day of
a multiday ride.  I'm planning to try and do a few this year and I would
like to do all I can for Grey's legs.  Is the linament action considered
short enough term that it is okay to use at night after the final vet
check for that day's ride?  (I'm specifically thinking of Roger's recipe
which has some menthol in it from the "brown mouth wash".)

Also is there a list or guideline sheet for prohibited substances and
how many days or hours pre-ride you need to avoid them? The only  thing
I've ever seen was something someone had e-mailed to ridecamp.

Teresa