Re: mealtime peeing

> My mare always goes over to the corner of her paddock and pees when she
> sees me coming out with her feed. I don't think it has anything to do
> with being territorial in her case. She just takes her food very, very
> seriously and if she pees first, then she can eat her meals in comfort,

My husband's smart little mare Katy does this too when it's mealtime.
Cato finally figured it out and several months later, he's doing it as
well.  Dakota aka George of the Jungle aka Spudnuts has REALLY got it
figured out.  While Katy and Cato are busily peeing off in far corners,
he wolfs down as much grain as possible in his bucket.  Then, when Katy
and Cato are eating theirs, he walks over and pees RIGHT NEXT TO THEM,
as close and splashily as possible.  Katy throws up her head in total
disgust and revulsion, backs up and walks away, leaving Dakota to eat
her grain, too.  I'm not sure if Dakota is the smartest of the bunch or
is just the reincarnation of John Belushi in Animal House. :-D

Susan