Re: Suspensory Question

Everything I've heard is true to my own experiences.
Just because the horse is sound does not mean there is no damage.
Just because the horse reacts to a pinched tendon doesn't mean
there IS damage.  (Summary of our online vet help).

This is what I'd like to add (even though I'm not a vet.):  ;-)

If your horse has some very minor tearing and you leave it out
in pasture it might appear sound, but will not heal.
Visible swelling is indicative of damage.  Some horses will
trot sound even with visible swelling.

As Dr. Heidi said, if in doubt, ultrasound will show you what,
if anything, is going on.  If there is some tearing, it will
most probably reappear off and on as a vague lameness during
your horse's carreer unless treated and allowed to heal
completely and properly.  <--- unfortunately, this takes time.
Just ask Jerry Rice.

:) - kat myers
in San Mateo (No.) Ca. with Magnum the TB ex-racer
... who is the most sure footed horse I've ridden.
Not all TB's are klutzes...