Suspensory Question

The ride vet at a CTR told me that my horse had sore suspensories and
that you could tell they were sore by squeezing them.  She said that, if
when you squeeze them, the horse flinches the suspensory is sore.  So I
faithfully did that technique for weeks and it indicated that my mare
was still sore even though she was kicking up her heels in the pasture.
I, of course, was not riding her during that time.  Finally, I had my
home vet come out and he said that she is sound and that if you squeeze
any horse's suspensories that they will flinch.  So what's the scoop
with that?  Any ideas?

Karen
Ormond Beach