Re: wise buy!/demand=price?quality=price?

Yeah, well said Glenda I found the same to be true. I bought my wonderful
horse Blue for $1000 and have since spent more then that on tack, blankets,
feeding, shoeing.  The point I think we should understand is look for the
horse that is right for you, bargains aren't always bargains, but then
again all horse purchasing is a risk!  I got lucky the second time, not the
first, I bought a $1000 horse that was over my head training wise.  You may
find a diamond in the rough and you may not.  I bought Blue 150lbs under
weight and got lucky to find a wonderful well bred arab under that bag of
bones.  Once he hit his perfect weight I was lucky to have found that I
didn't have a nut ticket on my hands.  I was worried that he may of been
BOMB PROOF because he has too tired and starving, lucky for me he just has
a wonderful mind.

I also agree with Tracy Stampke, here in Az there are tons of arabs in the
$1000-$1500 range.  If we don't buy them they may end up in a can of dog
food.  And MANY of these horses have excellent bloodlines so you know they
came from some reputable breeder at some time in their life!  So what do we
do here, support the breeders so they can breed more horses, or support the
horses whom we can give good homes too?  Look what happened to the arab
market when the breeders flooded it in the 80's.  It is still flooded here
in AZ.  Any week, anytime I can look in  one of the local papers and find
quite a few horses in that cheaper price range.  I can drive down the
street and see arabs just standing in people's back yards forgotten.  So
hey its apples vs oranges.  Which came first the chicken or the egg.  Yes
with out reputable breeders we wouldn't have these wonderful horses, but
yes there are tons of PERFECTLY bred arabs out there for dirt cheap whom we
can give another chance at life to!  Tracy isn't your $350 arab bask line
bred???

Just my $.02 worth!

                                 Cheryl Newbanks
                ~~ ^ ^       Just In Time Ranch