Re: Groundwork vs. Riding

<< . The current orthodoxy seems to be that all
 under saddle behaviour troubles are groundwork and/or pecking order
 problems.My horse is an angel in hand,he follows me around like a dog,and
 he is responding quickly and with enthusiasm to my novice attempts at
 groundwork.I'm going to do the groundwork and see how things go-it's
 fun.But I must say I'm not optimistic that it'll have any effect under
 saddle.I believe the solution,if it is found,will occur under
 saddle. >>

I too, will be waiting breathlessly for these answers, as I've similar
problems with my horse David--he is a big labrador retriever when worked from
the ground.  I can't correct him from groundwork because he rarely does
anything wrong.  It is only after I am on his back that things can get hairy.

Trish & "pretty David"