Re: Midwest rides

<< To:	ridecamp@endurance.net

 elaine -- Have you tried the Upper Midwest Endurance and Competitive Rides
 Association. They have rides in Wisc, Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota.

 They have a web site. The last time I contacted them, they were putting
 together their 1998 ride calendar. They are nice folks and will send you a
 good handbook on training for distance riding as well ast heir calendar.

 chris paus & star

 P.s. for 15 years, I lived in Wisconsin - Holcombe, northeast of Eau
 Claire...It was beautiful and there is much I miss about it, but I dont'
 miss winter and I don't miss the mosquitoes and black flies -- neither do
 the horses...

 cheers from Kansas.

 At 12:58 PM 1/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
 >Is there any one out there that rides in the Midwest..? Would like
 >information on trails and groups in the same.  Thanks  Elaine - Wisconsin

 UMECRA has their annual convention and banquet next weekend (January 9-11) in
Northern Indiana near Chicago.  It is fun, entertaining and a good time for
all.  They are fun and good folks to be with and their mini-convention is well
worth attending.  They have a welcome party Friday night. Saturday schedule is
as follows: 7 AM Board meeting, 9AM Vet Speaker (Dr. Dave Heinze-lameness in
the performance horse), 11AM, Equine dentist speaker(Dave Balzak), 1:30 PM
Annual meeting, 6 PM cocktails, 7 PM dinner and year-end awards.  For
reservations, directions and information contact: Radisson Hotel at Star
Plaza, Merriville, IN 1-800-333-3333 (Nat'l hotline) or local Hotel #
219-769-6311.

Teddy (further correspondence contact Louise Reidel (LReidel769@aol.com)