Re: New Thread

>Okay here you go folks! Anyone out there ever compete a horse or even OWN a
>horse with a heart murmur? What do you do with them, how much do you ride and
>do you ever compete them?

Well, *I* have a heart murmer, but it has never slowed me down.  ;-).
Anytime I tried to get sympathy for it the Dr. told me forget it.  It
doesn't make a difference at all.  Of course, I'm sure as with all
things it depends on the severity.  Mine is obviously minor.

>Next question - What size horse do you prefer to ride.

15.3.  :)  But then I might be biased.  I've ridden horses from
14 hands to 16+.  16 is a bit tall.  15.2 was just a little
smaller than I'm used to.  May have something to do with that fact
that my favorite horse is 15.3.

Yes, he eats a lot more... most likely because he's a TB though...
and he's more expensive to keep than an Arab from what I can tell.

For 6 months last year I worked with a 14.2 1/2 Arab/QH who could
go all day.  He was fun to ride and could easily do well.  Had to
drop some weight first though.

:) - kat myers ... 5' 7"
in San Mateo (No.) Ca. with Magnum the TB ex-racer
...with a pretty head and 8 1/4" cannons
"Wow.  That's a *big* Arab you have there..."
"No, he's just a *little* Thoroughbred!"