Re: alfalfa and heart rate (long)

Yes, Yes, my thoughts exactly.  I feed at least 50% alfalfa and give my
older mare only alf. and alf. pellets to be sure she can get enough with
fewer teeth (she also gets senior feed and lots of other good stuff).  I
feel so much better now, as I have also been questioning my judgement.
Thanks for the reinforcement.   Linda in O.B. (where the native hay
and grass is pretty much worthless)