Shaping Girth for OF

>By the way I don't like OF girths because I had two that the webbing
>rolled
>in and caused galls.

Mine finally did this after years of use.  I needed one quick and had to
use the OF since mine uses a strange 2 tongue buckel that nobody else
makes.

I unsewed the neoprene straight down the seam. Next on the inside, where
the webbing had gotten rolled back, I just cut it away.  I pulled the
neoprene back around the girth tight and sewed it with ordinary thread.
It looked a lot like Frankenstein's surgeon had done it....then, to give
it that classy touch I put a strip of duct tape over the seam.

What I ended up with was a nice neoprene girth that is "shaped" like the
leather english girths.  I had only put the duct tape on because the
thread looked as if it would pull through on the neoprene, but the duct
tape fell off and the threads are still holding.  I've got a new girth
now, but I think this one might be my favorite.

Angie

Angie McGhee & Kaboot
Wildwood, GA
Rides2far@juno.com
Kabootnme@aol.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]