Girth for OF

I have ridden my OF Endurance Cutback with a 24" Neoprene covered dressage
girth with elastic ends for 6 or 7 years.  Once one learns to only tighten
the elastic girth until the elastic is stretched a half inch with the rider
mounted, it works great.  With the saddle properly positioned (the panels
are about an inch over the shoulder blades) the girth gives plenty of room
at the elbow.  I had some trouble years ago with an Ausie galling at the
elbow until I moved the saddle back an inch or two and kept it there on the
downhills with a crouper.
By the way I don't like OF girths because I had two that the webbing rolled
in and caused galls.  I may have been tightening them to much 'cause this
happened when I still was a cowboy and thought I needed a real tight girth.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th Street
Hudson, WI 54016
sisufarm@mmmpcc.org