Re: Other Sport Horse Organization Membership Fee Structures (Teddy's and Bob's questions)

Humm...in "cost per member"  please consider the following:

Family memberships get ONE issue of the magazine... at ONE
address. What does a subscription alone cost now?

No one has addressed the issue of those people who are members
yet do not compete and therefore get no points of miles, they
just join because their spouse rides, they crew and "participate"
enough to want a voice.

Perhaps one could consider "associate" memberships with lesser
priviledges. These could get newsletter and have a vote, but get
no miles or points.

My SO is ONLY a member becasue he is with me and goes to rides.
He helps and has a good mind and DOES contribute, but I doubt
will EVER even ride an LD ride and could care less about miles or
points.

Some of us also pay and extra $10.00 per head to join AERC Int'l
for which we feel we get NOTHING other than a voice in AERC Int'l
affairs.

suggestion: yearly fees

Supporting membership:			$40.00
	no vote, AERC News only
Base membership:			$50.00
	includes AERC news, a vote
Family membership:			$60.00/$10.00 each additional
	includes two votes. AERC News
Rider registration: 			$10.00
	rider gets miles and points calculated
Horse registration:			$10.00*
	horse gets miles and points calculated
	* this could be a $50.00 lifetime fee with a $10.00 transfer

I would also suggest HALF PRICE for single Junior membership.
Does all the above sound fair?

Teddy