Re: LD and AERC mileage sanction changes

True, AERC shouldn't need to "sanction" anything under 25 as far as I am concerned
but I still think having the smaller fun rides as a sort of "clinic" for those who
have yet to be introduced to this sport is a good idea... we have poker runs all
the time in this area and the 15 competitive novice ride seems popular but I think
it would be cool, at least in my neck of the woods, to introduce the unintroduced
to the sport via a "clinic" kind of ride... people will go to almost anything if
it's a "clinic" anymore!  :)  It doesn't even have to have anything to do with a
full blown ride...I know managers and vets are busy enough at these and I am sure
this would be small potatoes... I'd like to find a way in this county for some of
the people to break away once in awhile from the (excuse me all 4-H people) rut of
4-H shows and such... I see a lot of kids get burned out in 4-H (which is why I
encourage my daughter so strongly to distance ride with me....and we can BOTH do
it!).  Anyway, it would be too complicated to offer something like that at a ride
but I still think it would be a neat idea to introduce people to the sport, have
some fun riding and LEARN!
Maggie