Re: Fun with Fitness!!

In a message dated 12/29/98 3:14:38 AM Pacific Standard Time, fmechelh@c-s-
k.de writes:

<< In the meantime I believe that *these* horses (although sometimes a bit
unpleasent
 for the rider...) are the real gift, the best. Of course this run in
families:
 it's the core of nobility. >>

Some are unpleasant, some are not, but the good ones certainily do seem to
share this trait.  Can remember hastily pulling my stallion Abu Ben Surrabu
out of his paddock on ride morning and hurriedly hauling him over to a local
ride for a junior rider to ride (whose horse had been pulled at the pre-ride
vet-in).  He is a perfect gentleman, and one could not ask for an easier horse
to be around, but still, he IS a stallion, and there is ALWAYS pre-ride
hubbub.  I don't often ride with a HRM, but this junior rider had one as part
of his gear, and put it on.  He was warming "Junior" up, walking around camp
prior to the start, amid horses crowhopping, and one rider getting dumped and
having his horse run pell-mell through camp.  The young rider rode over to me,
his eyes as big as saucers, and reported Junior's pulse to me--a big whopping
36!

Heidi