Re: what does crabbing mean

I would have been thrilled had this been the case.  Three different
saddles, including an OF did not work.  What I did learn was that had
I been really paying attention I would have noticed that both horses
did this before I bought them.  And, since I know where they are,
they still do.  One had a club foot behind which is what I think got
this discussion started.   Both were super competitors (winning CTR
and top tens) up to a certain point.  When I think back, their going
lame was gradual, in other words, the crabbing became more noticable
until they went off.  Interestingly, their pulses were never
effected, dead lame with a pulse of 38!  Geesh, it was always a
surprise as they felt fine until I got off and headed for the vet.
As soon as they "shut down", it would happen.  Now I look very
carefully for this trait before buying another prospect.  And had I
been smarter I would have noticed that my 4,000 mile horse NEVER
crabs.
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.com
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall