Re: A strange oral fixation!(long query)

Two bits come to mind that will cure your problem - and I mean cure.
I have had incredible sucess with both.  The first is a segunda
mouthpiece, it has a tilted port within which the tongue rests.  The
port goes forward in the mouth.  The second is a Linda Tellington
Jones bit which has a port with a cricket.  Both eliminate tongue
pressure, to which he is objecting, and actually encourage tongue
movement, which he feels he cannot do.  I have used both bits on
horses that do not have a tongue problem and the flexibility and
roundness of the horse develops so quickly it is hard to believe.
yes, both bits "look" severe, but I hardly think so from the horse's
point of view.  Both are readily available in tack shops.
PS - all those rubber tongue jobs never worked for my horses either!
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.com
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall