Re: heart rates & recovery

I well remember the end of the OT in '95 when all the standard tests said that
Talon was not dehydrated but that was the year when they (MSU I think) were
taking blood and weighing horses at various times.  They came over as we were
treating Talon who was in obvious serious stress and said that all the other
horses who were also in the test had showed a weight loss of around 50 pounds
and Talon had lost 100 pounds.  Of course fluid therapy was started
immediately, but the fact remains that our usual tests were OK.  Just thought
I'd add this to the discussion.  Nancy Loving has done a lot of work along
these lines.  Lovell