Re: heart rates & recovery

> Well, let's see...body temp, some sort of dehydration index, a saliva test for
> cortisol, blood parameters--you could have a little machine that looked at
> strips measuring CK, glucose, etc.

Maybe I shouldn't have jumped in on a discussion that was already ongoing
<g>, but are you suggesting that methods like these be used for
determining "fitness to continue" at each vet check?  Isn't that a bit
impractical, not to mention prohibitively expensive?  Or are you just
theorizing on what could be done in the future?  Do you believe that
any one of these indicators is definitive, or are you proposing additional
criteria that should be considered as a body of evidence used for making
the determination?

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310