Re: heart rates & recovery

Flemmer, Linda wrote:

> In a normal vet check,...the vets are checking skin turgor
> (skin pinch)...

As an interesting aside, when Provo and I did our first
LD, I was talking to the ride vet - Todd Nelson - and he
told me that skin pinch is one of the least reliable
ways of identifying dehydration.

What he told me to look for was the area in the corner
of the horse's eye - how "filled" was it?

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse and Provo