Re: stereotyping

Julie O'Neill wrote:
 ...I finally caught on when my friend from TN
 came to Chicago and tried to order a burger from Mickey D's's and the
 poor person at the counter just looked at my friend with this really
 strange look at his face.
I went into a McD's once and asked for a glass of water.
The woman behind the counter looked blank and said "what
is it?".
Sigh.
Susan:
 I'll have you know the people in the South speak the King's
 English.  Elvis that is!!!
Funnily enough, the accent used in the rural parts of the
Appalachians is meant to be closest to that of the original
"old english" - it is the area that has been least influenced
by other accents. Even the English no longer speak english like
it was "supposed" (?) to be spoken.
Reported English person in Sacramento, CA
Hey Lucy if you have been reported in Sacramento I don't think you're
speaking English person any longer. Last time I was in CA I'm not sure
what they were speaking! :-))

Julie A. O'Neill
214 E. State St.
Mascoutah, Ill. 62258