Re: Riding in bowhunting season

In a message dated 12/17/98 11:17:16 AM PST, eyler@mindspring.com writes:

<< The dog is fawn colored, but
 she was wearing an orange bandana.  After an arrow went whizzing by her dog
 one day, she made it a policy to leave the dog at home during bow hunting
 months and to make sure that she and/or her horse wear orange AND bells.

 Cindy Eyler >>

The idiot behind the bow probably wondered "golllleeee, how did that deer get
an orange bandana?"
I've heard horror stories, too.........the most famous one being that of a guy
riding his horse WITH blaze orange tack, guiding a shooter on an elk hunt. He
happened to stop next to a huge pine tree, with only his horse's head and neck
poking past the tree. The shooter shot the horse............

It's scary, I admit. I'm defending hunting, because we depend in large part on
what my husband brings home. But there's so many yahoos out there, so many
people who couldn't tell the difference between and elk and an elephant. BUT
THEY STILL SHOOT!
My in laws neighbor has several Charolais (spelling?) cattle. Every year he
takes blue spray paint and sprays in huge letters C O W on each animal.
Nevertheless, he still loses one or two a year. Sometimes the mighty nimrod
just happens to load the dead animal into his truck and leave. Cattle
thieves..........