Re: Riding in bowhunting season

In a message dated 12/17/98 6:45:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
MBlanchrd@aol.com writes:

<<  In all the years he's hunted, both bow and rifle, he's never seen anyone
in
 the woods drunk..in their camps, maybe, but certainly not in the woods. >>

I would agree that such folks are not SUCCESSFUL bow hunters, but yes, we see
our share of those here, who use the bow season as just one more excuse to go
out in the woods and get drunk.  It is even MORE scary during rifle season.  I
also have encountered so-called bow hunters rodding up and down the jeep roads
in 4-wheel-drives, with "bowmen" standing in the backs of the trucks.
Hilarious, but also kind of scary.  I come from a very serious hunting
background, so find all this rather ludicrous, but that doesn't make it any
less real.

Heidi