Re: stereotyping

Hi all

It was Churchill who said that the U.S. and the U.K. are two nations
separated by language. I can think of several sayings that we say here that
would have you horrified and vice versa, for instance when we say rubber we
mean in U.S. an eraser.

Fanny to us does not mean bottom or ass but something even more intimate.
Every time I read about so and so searching for something in their fanny
pack my mind wanders wildly. If you tell a woman in the U.K. that she has a
nice fanny you're liable to get more than a slap!

Ho ho ho!

Annette

P.S. sorry for indulging in off topic buffonery but we all need a laugh with
all the stuff going on in Baghdad! The UK team is back from Dubai in one
piece and I can only hope everyone else is back ok!