Re: stereotyping

Lucy,

I was born in   Canada, and my parents felt exactly that way when we
first came to the U.S.  Amnericans were so much more friendly  than we
were.  (Canadians--at least 40 years ago were quite reserved.)  In
contrast,the Irish are much more friendly than we are and it is great
fun to visit there  but takes a little getting used to.

Does anyone know "the REAL story " of why our endurance race was moved
from Ireland?  I've heard many  stories, but don"t REALLY know....
Mauren