Re: Need for bells during bow season

Just can't resist...sometime, about a year ago, I think Truman
(was it you?) that posted a cute story about how to ride in the
wilderness.  I sure wish I had saved the story, but it went
something like this:

To insure that you don't inadvertently scare up a bear, it is
wise to put bells on your horses and yourself while out riding in
the wilderness,  This way, bears can hear you coming and since
they really don't want to attack you, will be forewarned and go
away or hide.  To know when there are bears in the area, you
should keep a watchful eye on the ground, looking for bear
droppings. You will know, however, when a grizzly bear is nearby
as his droppings will have bells in them.

Teddy