Re: WINTER RIDING

In a message dated 12/15/98 3:18:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ayers@plainfield.bypass.com writes:

<< Has anyone tried hand or foot warmers...chemical
 or electrical? >>

I once tried the foot powder containing capsicum (red pepper) and didn't like
it.  It got TOO hot. Have you ever tried glove liners and socks made of
polypropyline from the Damart catalog? They are GREAT. I've used the glove
liners without the outer gloves during the Death Valley ride in December (can
be cold!).  The socks were great, too. I just wore them inside my usual riding
boots -- at the time they were Heels Down boots, but I use Ariats now.
Polypro keeps hands and feet warm even if wet. Amazing.

BMc