Re: POSTING DIAGONALS

In a message dated 12/15/98 3:18:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ayers@plainfield.bypass.com writes:

<< However, on a posting trot,
 the right diagonal is smooth, but the
 left rough. >>

This happens to me all the time, with every horse I ride.  Horses are one-
sided, just as we are right or left-handed. One horse will be smoother on the
right diagonal, another will be smoother on the left. Depends on the
individual.  A horse often prefers one diagonal so much that he will attempt
to bounce you back from your posting on the non-preferred diagonal to the
preferred one, and often achieves it.

BMc