WEC $$ Awards

If there was a purse at the Dubai WEC for $272,000 it did not all go to
Valerie. It was split up amoung the various top finishers in some sort
of formula that none of us know.

I had a chance to talk to the French there at a closing party and one of
the members at the table was the past French National Champion and owner
of Nelson I, bought by the Sheik. He paid $500,000 for the horse. Also,
a certain horse from the midwest was leased for this race, they were
offered $250,000 for it (after it did well in the Cosequin). The owners
wouldn't sell but leased it instead for $XXXXX. Both of these
statements are not rumors.

Michele says that maybe the U.S. should enact a policy of only selling
endurance geldings, no mares or stallions, out of the country.

Steve Shaw