Re: Awards Ceremony

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:09:01 +0100
From: Leonard.LIESENS@DG10.cec.be
>>Hi there,

>>I was there at the entrance of the Stadium with the belgian team. We
where very happy to be the first nation (alphabetical order) because the
other nations where parked in a corridor very hot and where even not able
to breath and see the big screen of the stadium.

>>I was VERY UPSET about the whole thing : it was not only Val who was
booed at, but every foreigner rider or team.

>>Also, there was no national anthem like usual in FEI Championships for
the 3 first nations. So no chances to congratulates the winners

>>Then, the 'parade' hummh of the riders was like a 'mascarade' and
everyone was asking for himself : what am I doing here ???

>>Anyway congratulations to Val and to the US team

>>Leonard, Belgium

So they booed everybody except their own?? Is that so?  Well, IMHO, UAE
should NOT host another WEC, much less make it the permanent site of the
WEC.  I don't care if they have more money than all other nations combined,
or whether their culture is mired in tradition -- if they can't accept the
reality of women and other nations as winners and finishers, they are
missing the whole point.

Brenda