RE: toughest multiday

maybe we'll have the chance to try the Kalahri 300 someday! so far I'd say
the Outlaw was the toughest one on the horses I've been through.  It's also
pretty dramatic b/c of the drastic changes in geography involved. Pretty
magificent.  There are so many different ways to look at "ride difficulty"
tho.  weather can turn a relatifively easy ride into a real test.  and it's
hard to find a more difficult test than the afternoon of day 2 at
deathvalley last year (how far up was that? and did we REALLY ride just 50
miles?).

I'm pretty much stuck on multi-day rides as the prefered test (tho I've
only done one 100).   It might be interesting to hear comments
as to the merits of MD's .vs. 100's as the "real" endurance experience??

johnt