Re: SUV to Pull 2 Horses

I pulled for a little while with a Toyota 4WD pickup and wouldn't
recommend it.  You don't have the power to get up hills and out of
trouble when you need to, the slighest head wind and you're laboring
along at 35 mph, and you simply do not have the wheelbase or vehicle
weight to control the weight of the trailer behind you.  The one trailer
accident I've been in was because someone cut on front of me on the
highway, I swerved to avoid a collision, the trailer fishtailed and I
simply didn't have the vehicle weight to control it.  We didn't actually
hit anything, but it was still pretty scary and wouldn't have happened
with a bigger truck.

It's one thing to put a hitch on it and use it as an emergency backup
vehicle to a real truck, but I wouldn't try anything more than that.

Just an opinion.

Susan G