Fwd: booing and hissing

---- Begin included message ----
Sorry, you are not allowed to post to ridecamp-d@endurance.net.
This is a digest version of the ridecamp list. If wish to post
your message, resend it to ridecamp@endurance.net.

Please note that in order to post to ridecamp,  you must be subscribed
to either ridecamp or the ridecamp digest.

If you are not a member of either list, but would like to become one,
please go to http://www.endurance.net and follow the links to RideCamp.

Steph

--------------------------
Hi, all,

  I'm not surprised at all that the crowd booed and hissed Val. I spent 8
months in Saudi Arabia, and I'm still amazed that I was able to walk around in
uniform...they really would have preferred us women to wear the chadour
(spelling?) (the black robe that led us soldiers to call Arab women "ninja
women".

In my personal opinion, I think the only reason the women were allowed to
compete at all is because the males of that culture expected them to LOSE.
NOT by being outridden or outcompeted, but by our American women  graciously
allowing the men to pass them. Face is everything to an Islamic male. The fact
that Val beat all of the men did not, to them, prove that she was the best out
there, it proved only that SHE had no culture!  I am willing to bet that every
man in the audience was outraged that a woman beat the guys.

Val, my hat is off to you. Way to go, girl!  And to echo someone else, Thank
God I am an American!!

---- End included message ----