Horse of Allah poem

Friend gave this to me, and I thought it fitting for the recent WEC's

HORSE OF ALLAH  by Edgar H. Neal.

Walk carefully, My Grey One,
for your are my sight in the dark of the night,
when even the stars are gone.

Step quietly, My Grey One,
for sounds that you hear, too faint for my ear,
could be whispering the call of death.

Breathe deeply, My Grey One,
for your nostrils are mine, to search the thin air,
should danger lurk there in the shadows.

Walk steadily, My Grey One,
for your legs are my strength
through the endless dunes of sand

Your unfaltering stride gave me courage in the fury of battle,
when my garments were rent with flesh,
and your flank wound dripped blood.

Walk beside me, My Grey One,
into the shade of green leafed palms.

Let us rest.  Together we will drink of water so cool to burning lips,
and
dry throat,
when the sun is high, in a shimmering bronze sky.

Stand beside me, My Grey One,
The day is done.
The winds are at rest and once again I thank and praise Allah,
that I be privileged to kneel beside you.

Marlana Pitas & my grey one LL Rheebok ( mom, i really don't have to get wounded beside you, right? )
Attleboro, MA