Re: Who Was on the US Squad?

Linda B. Merims wrote:

> So, as Potato said, neither Valerie or Danielle were on the 4-member
> US team, and therefore despite finishing first and sixth, the US came
> away with only the team silver.

Linda,

With due respect, the team silver medal _is_ something to be proud of.
I think the USET would agree, as endurance becomes the only discipline
to medal this year in world competition.

Perhaps the most difficult and least recognized job in international
endurance riding is that of the chef d'equipe. Rick Stewart and his staff
had to choose the four riders most likely to bring home a team gold.
There are so many factors which go into that - most of which we are
currently unaware of. What was Jedi's physical condition in the weeks
and days leading up to the ride? The whole history of horse and
rider and how that combination suits the course must be considered.
Not an easy chess match. As the story unfolds, it will be interesting
to learn some of these details.

Congratulations to Pennsylvania rider Patti Pizzo and Savaq, who overcame
adversity to finish 34th, just behind Shirley Delsart and KJ Destination.

Pete LaBerge