Awards Ceremony

Stephanie Teeter said:

>The awards ceremony last night in Abu Dhabi was an incredible
> production - they called it an 'Operetta' - it was a dance,
> music, lightshow extravaganza. 50,000 people in attendance...
>
>...When Valerie's win was announced
>the entire stadium was booing and hissing ... a little scary.

How extraordinarily rude!  Why would they be booing and hissing?
Because a 52 year old mother from the US of A beat their home town
billionaires?

Sad.  Knowing how important hospitality to guests is in the Arab
world, I would have expected far better of them.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA