Re: SADDR

 << If anyone has a better cure, please submit to Ridecamp as soon as
possible.

 There is no known cure.  There are however, ways to alleviate or diminish
one's symptoms.  Some of these which might be of use are listed below:

 Unless you have a really nice barn, one of the main problems the sufferer has
to deal with is horse/rider separation anxiety.  Many of us don't have a nice
barn in which we can enjoy time with our equine buddies without freezing or
drowning.  Many sufferers have found it helpful to replace either their
comfortor or pillow cover with their horses saddle blanket.  The resulting
"aromatherapy" can be very theraputic.  Warning:  Horse people  who must share
their beds with non-horseys may find themselves sleeping alone.

 Another common problem for sufferers of SADDR is appetite loss which is
caused by having to eat palatable, flavorful and balanced meals while confined
indoors.  this is easily eliminated by several methods.  Either let sandwich
bread sit out for a week or so to obain the desired dryness (I like mine dry
enough for one piece of bread to soak up about a half gallon size spill) or,
if you prefer a moist sandwich, especially one with trail texture and taste,
save your bread for your final horse grooming and use it for a drying/finish
brush.  Other suggestions to help SADDR induced appetite loss are making half
of your meatloaf out of granola or trail mix, giving yourself a 30 second time
limit in which to gulp down your entire meal, or adding electrolyte supplement
to the families water or milk pitcher.   Just tell your family it is gourmet
kool-aid.

 These are two of the most common problems.  If anyone suffers from other
symptoms caused by SADDR, they may write about their specific problems and I
would be happy to help.

 Lori Bielec, M.D. (Major Dingbat) >>

---- Begin included message ----
In a message dated 12/6/98 7:06:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,

---- End included message ----