Re: Old Sharon Saare Saddle

In a message dated 12/6/98 7:09:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fineprint@erols.com writes:

<< the owner
 approached and told me it was a Sharon Saare saddle which he purchased
 new in 1984. It had this distinguishing feature: the front half of the
 seat was open (like a McLellan), and there was a round, padded butt-rest
 on the back half of the seat (can you picture this?). He said that at
 the time, Sharon Saare had her saddles made somewhere in the Southwest.
 Does anyone know any more about this saddle and its history or have one
 like it?  >>

Bobbi, I don't know whether my first response went through, but I'll repeat.
We've had Sharon Saare saddles since just about the first ones she made --
about 1975. I've never seen one with the features you mention. I do remember a
saddle advertised long ago that sounds like the one you speak of -- it seems
like the name was something like Abercrombie TTT.  The TTT I'm fairly sure of,
the Abecrombie, not so sure. But I really doubt your description fits a Saare
saddle.

Barbara McCrary