Re: LD rides

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:48:34 EST, BMcCrary27@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 12/3/98 6:46:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>tobytrot@bigfoot.com writes:

><< Again, no response from you guys!  How can you bicker heatedly for four
> days about the financial/ethical issues involved in "turning out" a
> racehorse, and then let this pass unremarked? >>

>Probably because many of us feel he is SO RIGHT about this. Most responses
>come from people who do not agree.

Also, in my case I'd just posted a *bunch* about the non-member fees
and didn't want to get into another controversy.

However, I am dismayed that the AERC is moving so rapidly down the
path of full integration of rides of all distances -- but I'm not
surprised by it.  I was one of the Directors who worked to establish
an AERC LD progam years ago, but at that time I didn't expect to see
the day when rides down to zero miles would be just another endurance
distance.  We're not quite there yet, but we've taken a big step in
that direction.

At this point no one knows what the full impact of this Bylaws change
will be.  Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as it appears.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net