non-member fees--yes, more!

kat said:
>I have never been to a "schooling show" that charged me nom-member
fees...I know 4-H doesn't...at least they have never charged me a
non-member fee.

One of the major differences between endurance and the other equestrian
sports is that we do not have an unsanctioned "schooling" format.  In other
disciplines, riders can participate in unsanctioned, inexpensive "back
yard" type competitions until they feel ready to move up to the sanctioned
events.  This "level" of competition does not exist in our sport--riders
are involved with the National organization from the very beginning.  The
alternative to paying full fees (and non-member fees) is non-participation.
 There is no introductory level.

Terre