Re: Limited Distance Program

Though I am still fairly new at this, my impression for my area is that the LD is
still kinda new around here.  I came in the middle of the season and I think there
were only 2 offered in Michigan though there were a couple others offered earlier in
the year that I didn't make.  I don't know how the changes will affect how many LD
rides there are next year...I hope there are more.  I think my horse benefited by
starting out in ctr and then having the opportunity to go to some rides where we did
a 25 ctr on Saturday and then a 25 LD on Sunday... I believe his performance truly
improved... only problem was that after he had a taste of the LD, he really had a
problem when I tried to pace him for subsequent ctr's.  He now wants to go and I know
we will have to do a 50 again and he is probably going to be way ahead of me.... but
I think the people up here like the LD's... the guy who finished in front of me came
from out of state (IL or IN?) and I think he was a "career" LD rider.  He was a nice
guy and his horse did a great job... he was helpful with advice and told me as time
went on, my horse, too, would learn to come down and relax (I think his came down in
like 1 or 2 minutes!).  Anyway, I agree with you and Leigh...
Maggie