Re: Limited Distance Program

Leigh's observation is a good picture of the situtation in the SE region.  The SE
has had several years of experience with placement in LD's and several years with
the 60 pulse to finish.  What we have found is while some people race for the
most part the average speed for the winners of the 50 are faster than the average
speed for the winner of the LD.  We have not seen the problems "problems with
racing 25" that many people seem to fear.

What we have found in SERA is by the inclusion of the LD riders as part of our
family, everybody has benefited.  While not everyone in the SE is happy with the
BC policy for LD SERA set several years ago, it too has worked out quite well.
So based on our experience I don't think the changes in the LD program is an
indication of the apocalypse.

Truman