PROBIOTICS

>I haven't tried it, but plan on getting a tub the next time I have an
>order in to them.  I like the concentration of Optamax and like the
>diversity of species, and I like the straightforward information in
>their catalog.  I also like the fact that they don't use alot of
>nonsense fillers that sound good but mainly just improve the profit
>margins---a common trick used by many manufacturers, and a rip-off as
>far as I'm concerned.

Glad to hear that :)  I've been using this particular brand of probiotics
for some time now.  I do keep them inside - do you know if freezing will do
any harm to the product?

I feed 1/2 scoop daily to each horse.  At a ride, I'll mix up ahead of time
(in a blender) my electrolytes, probiotics and applesauce.  Then I fill my
syringes and put the rest in a tupperware container.  I got tired of trying
to mix it all up at the ride.  This way I get the stuff all over my kitchen
rather than the trailer :).

Anyways, just wanted to say that I think the Optamax has helped the horses
this year with maintaining their weight.  I will also increase their
doseage anytime I worm them or they are stressed.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Rocky, the new Plan A :)
& Weaver, who is starting vacation covered in mud!