Re: ctr instead of LD rides

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998 17:29:17 +0700, vanhove@unavco.ucar.edu (Teresa Van
Hove) wrote:

>I've always been under the impression that the AERC rules do not
>allow having an  non AERC sanctioned LD ride, (by calling LD any ride
>of 25-35 miles) at AERC rides.  I guess they have them in the midwest
>by having a CTR ride and adding a 50 mile endurance ride to the CTR?
>Or is the CTR under 25 miles? Is it allowable to have both an AERC LD
>and a CTR with an endurance ride?

Yes, you are not allowed to have an unsanctioned LD ride in
conjunction with an endurance ride.  However, a CTR is not an LD ride
... in fact a CTR *cannot* be sanctioned by AERC as it does not fit
AERC rules (having, among other things, a minimum time limit).  So
there is nothing wrong with having a 25 or 30 mile CTR along with the
endurance ride.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net