Re: Getting to the people with the power

I'm sorry, but I see absolutely no reason why 50's and l00's must pay
non-member fees and 25's should not!  I totally understand that this is
an "entry level" event and we definitely don't want to lose these
folks--so let them ride a couple without paying the extra fee; then ask
them to join AERC.  If the fee were $5 (which I think is much more
appropriate for the 25 mile entry) then they have the choice: either
join AERC or pay the non-member each time.  For someone riding a lot, it
might be more beneficial or just plain easy to support the sport whose
benefits they enjoy, or, if they only do a couple of rides a year, then
they can pay the non-member each time.  After all, if you only do a
couple of rides each year, that's only $l0 (a year!).

This is almost a penalty against the 50s and l00s to require them to pay
the non-member and not the 25s.  There are plenty of 50s who ride only a
few rides a year and must pay the fee.  And I know plenty of 25s who
ride every ride that comes around, picks up the prizes and goes home.
Yep, they paid the entry, but so did the rest of us; in addition, we
also either joined AERC or paid the fee.

Something just isn't right here, folks. . . .

Anita