Re: Getting to the people with the power

Ellen, A more appropriate question might be, "Are the people grousing on
Ridecamp corresponding with the directors, joining committees, and
offering solutions?" Remember the directors are volunteers who have
jobs, families, & horses they'd love to be out riding instead of
searching out problems. Gripes should have solutions attached. I think
you're right on about the pot being stirred, but maybe it's a good thing
the fire isn't always on.
1. AERC uses money to meet memberships perceived needs & wants
2. How can these costs be spread fairly among the largest # of people?
I think the expansion of the awards for LD was a big mistake, it should
have been kept low cost & low key. But now that it's practically a
"sport" in it's own right all the players have to pay, newbie or not.
I don't have a good solution in mind either, but I hate to see people
villified for just doing the best they can.  The people who are taking
their toys out of the game are only exacerbating the situation.
Nancy Mitts

>From: EAMULE@aol.com
>Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:55:33 EST
>To: Ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: Getting to the people with the power
>
>I am just curious, all these opinions about the AERC fee are fine, but
if they
>are just being batted around Ridecamp what good are they?
>
>Do any of the people who make the decisions, such as members of the
BoD, ever