Re: Re Arthritis

I have been giving my horses apple cider vinegar as an internal "fly
repellent" and I know it helps.  I do believe it may help arthritis in
a mild way, as well, as it may improve circulation.  I have also noticed

that in the hot weather it seems to lower the horses' body heat while
not interfering with  sweating.  My trainer had a Belgian draft horse
in her care last summer (the year of the wildfires), and it was even
hotter here in FL than usual.  This poor horse was a non-sweater,
and she would just stand and pant, in spite of being hosed off
regularly,
and never exercised in the heat.  I suggested trying vinegar in her feed

and she almost immediately responded.  She still didn't sweat
sufficiently
but her body temperature seemed to lower and she appeared more
comfortable.  I give my horses 1 cup per day in feed, but I built up
to that over a week's time from 1/4 cup.  They seem to like it, and
I used it all summer and fall.  I will put them back on it in the
spring.
     By the way, I make a very good natural fly and mosquito spray
using 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of water, 2 oz. of  Avon Skin-So-Soft,
and 2oz. of Citronella oil (the oils can be reduced to 1 oz if too oily)

This works great for me, since our company also makes Citronella
oil, and I have friends who sell Avon.
         My Dad used to make a "health tonic" before playing  tennis out
of apple cider vinegar , honey and water. It gave him energy and wasn't
too bad when kept
really cold.   Later!    Linda

: