Re: Need info on packs

In a message dated 11/30/98 2:06:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
packardd@ci.boulder.co.us writes:

<< I am going to buy some cantle and wither packs for endurance riding, to
 go with my english saddle.  I would love some advice as to which brands
 people have found best as to "non-bounciness", durability, ease of use
 while riding, etc...  Thanks! >>

I've been very happy with the English "saddle bags" offered in Sportack
catalog. Some people love the Snugpacks, but it is my experience that I always
get my right leg hung up on the water bottles as I throw the leg over the
horse's back during mounting and
dismounting. The saddle bags hold snacks, Easyboots, stethoscope, etc. and
even has a little Velcro-closed pocket for my rider card. I use separate
bottle carriers up front. The bags do not bounce, are made of Cordura nylon
canvas, and are easy to use. I prefer the water bottles up front, as I can
take one out, take a drink, and put it back without missing a beat.

Barbara McCrary